Tenant Fees & Charges
There are various fees and charges associated with us letting and managing (where applicable) your property that we want you to be aware of. For further information on the benefits of our various service levels, together with details of other charges (including when they apply), and for a copy of our Terms of Business, please contact Winston Crowns.
Compulsory Charges Relating with the setting up your tenancy
(We can discuss in Detail, please call our office, you will be advised further where it will not be applicable)
Tenancy Agreement Charge- £180 + VAT
The charge is related to the drafting and agreeing tenancy agreement. It is payable in full once the agreement has been signed by both the parties.
Charges if you terminate your tenancy:
Last minute cancellation or change to inventory appointment – £100+ VAT
Change of Sharer- £150 (including one tenant reference fee and contribution to tenancy agreement)
- Holding Fee – One Week’s Rent
- Rent in Advance – One Month’s Rent
- Deposit- Six Week’s Rent
- Referencing Charge- £55 per person + VAT (The charge is payable by each person named as a tenant in the tenancy agreement. It is payable in full. It is carried out by an independent reference company). Charge is not refundable.
Charges if you renew your tenancy:
- Extension and Renewal Document- £80 + VAT
- Renewal Tenancy Agreement – £150 + VAT
Inventory Check- Typical Cost from £130 + VAT
The charge is charged by an independent inventory clerk that will be meeting you at the property to establish the condition. He will then issue a report to handover to you.
The cost of check-in report is paid by the Landlord. However, the check out report cost is paid by the tenant. The actual cost of inventory is determined by the size of the property.
Other Potential Charges
- Late Payment Fee – £30+ VAT
- Future Landlord Reference – £20 + VAT
- Unpaid Rent- (Per Payment)
Interest on any unpaid rate, when late by 14 days or more at 4.25% above Bank of England Base rate.
- When you sign tenancy agreement/holiday let agreement then withdraw from proceeding you will loose equivalent of one week’s rent plus tenancy agreement fees.
- Low season booking- we require one week’s non-refundable rent at the time of the booking and balance paid 28 days before arrival.
- High season booking we require payment of one week’s non-refundable rent at the time of the booking in order to confirm the reservation. We also require full payment of the balance 28 days before arrival otherwise the property will be released.
Should you cancel your booking during low or high season at any time after your booking is made you will loose equivalent of one week’s rent plus admin fees.
Other funds you should allow for.